法律只保護懂法律的人 - Law protects only those who understand it

Canon Law: Ancient Proof that Even Boring People Can Get to Heaven! Join me as I learn how!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ach, a quandary already

Canon 904 says "priests are to celebrate [the Mass] frequently; indeed daily celebration is strongly recommended, since even if the faithful cannot be present, it is the act of Christ and the Church in which priests fulfill their principal function."

Yet, two canons later, we read: "A priest may not celebrate without participation of at least some member of the faithful, except for a just and reasonable cause."

So, uh, which is it? Frequent Mass celebration even without anyone else visibly present, or only celebrating in the presence of even a few of the faithful?

(By the way, I think from here on out I may call my canon law quandaries "candries." So, this post a week from now would be, "Ach, a candry already".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home